Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HELP -- Swing gate control board question (230v vs. 115v board)

Status
Not open for further replies.

joandsp

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello,

the 115v hydraulic swing arms control board on my property burned up recently. looks like a resistor bank next to the transformer fried (power surge?). anyway, not sure what else may have burned so i bought a new one. problem is the 115v version is discontinued and only the 230v euro model remained. to my untrained eye they are identical but for the transformers. my plan was to swap out the 115v transformer from the old board (looks ok, windings are clean) to the new board. anyone think this is a bad idea? it seems all the other functions on the two boards are low voltage and identical (push button inputs, photo eye inputs, relays, etc). the components appear identical, at least where i can make out the specs on them. attached are pics of each board. thanks in advance for thoughts.

jo

- - - Updated - - -

115v control.JPG230v control.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.