Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ic socket for 44 pin smd

Status
Not open for further replies.

--BawA--

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i am using a dspic33 series ic , which is of 44 pin count , this ic comes in package like TQFP-44 , QFN. i want to use socket in my pcb board ,so that i can easily replace the ic , so is there any socket present for these packages?

Yes but can you afford it?

$55 **broken link removed**

- - - Updated - - -

you are better off with this.
$61
DM330012.jpg

This one is ok for you?
IC socket-2.jpgIC socket-1.jpg
i am using a dspic33 series ic , which is of 44 pin count , this ic comes in package like TQFP-44 , QFN. i want to use socket in my pcb board ,so that i can easily replace the ic , so is there any socket present for these packages?

The socket shown in post #3 is a PLCC type, no suited for TQFP package. PLCC sockets, both through-plated and SMD, have been often used for EPROMS and are of course still available.

For TQFP, QFN and similar packages, only relative expensive test and programming sockets (see post #2) are available. The most problematic point in my view is their huge size which requires to design a PCB specifically for test socket usage. A possible option to change ICs quickly would be a header board, e.g. a Microchip PIM module from the shelf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back