Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Calculating the transfer function of converters: BUCK mode and boost mode in DCM

Status
Not open for further replies.

dor8

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
I have the following formulas(File attachment) to calculate vout/vin in dcm mode on:1. BUCk converter 2. boost converter
First of all I wanted to know how they got them (how developed the equations)

Now my question:
These formulas take into account neglecting losses of the switch I want to know what will be the equations as considerate losses on switches(Rdson)

Capture.JPG .

1. dynamic losses would lower the output depending upon the load.
2. on/off delay losses would lower the output voltage independent of the load but dependent on the ratio of switching time period to on/off delay of switches.
3. the derivation of these formulas are very basic in nature and can be found in any power electronic book.
4. Since the formulas are not in the frequency domain, it will be incorrect to call them "transfer functions". They are simply the Gain and not Transfer function

Status
Not open for further replies.