Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Switching circuit based on AC and DC input

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murugesh_89

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I want to design a circuit ( A ) with the following requirements.

For the AC input signal with the amplitude of ( 0v - 5V ) and frequency between 0 to 500 Hz is given to the circuit A - The output of the circuit ( A ) be Low ( 0 V ).

For the DC input signal with amplitude of 5 V is given to the circuit A - The output of the circuit ( A ) should be High ( 5 V ).

Please kindly help me to design this circuit..

Thanks,
Murugesh

there are many ways to design the circuit...
first approach that came to my mind is if you could detect that voltage (either it is AC or DC )then you can make it.As in case of AC,there is some frequency..so you can do this by using frequecny detection method ( like frequency meter).if frequency is zero and input is 5V then output is high otherwise kept low.

Hi,

One thing you should redefine:
0...500 Hz includes DC (= 0 Hz). I think you must define a low cutoff frequency.

Maybe 1Hz.

Then you need a lowpass filter ( cutoff lower than 1Hz) and a comparator to switch at the desired DCvoltage level.

Klaus

hi klausST,
the frequency range is between 75 - 500 hz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back