Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

About Xilinx Programming EPROM and Spartan 2 FPGA

Status
Not open for further replies.

cssheu

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
xilinx programming

Hello:

This is my first time to use Xilinx FPGA.

I had designed the PCB , now I want to test my code is correct,

so I have to program the code to the Xilinx EPROM .

I have question about programming , I upload my schematic about Xilinx FPGA programming circuit.

I use a XC18V01PC20 EPROM and a X2S150PQ208 Spartan 2 FPGA, between XC18V01PC20 and X2S150PQ208 I use Master-Serial Mode,
so I tired the M0, M1,M2 to the ground.

I use (JTAG) Master/Slave Mode from Xilinx download cable connecter through XC18V01PC20 to X2S150PQ208.

I never use the xilinx programming tools (impact),so I have no idear how to program the XC18V01PC20.

If you have the tech document files about xilinx programming tool, please share with me.

Thank you a lot.

spartan 2 fpga

>>I upload my schematic about Xilinx FPGA programming circuit.

pdf file is corrupted

>>I use a XC18V01PC20 EPROM and a X2S150PQ208 Spartan 2 FPGA, >>between XC18V01PC20 and X2S150PQ208 I use Master-Serial Mode,
>>so I tired the M0, M1,M2 to the ground.

>>I use (JTAG) Master/Slave Mode from Xilinx download cable connecter >>through XC18V01PC20 to X2S150PQ208.

When the JTAG port is used to program the ISP PROM, the following steps must be taken:

· Using M0-M2 to set the Configuration Mode of the Spartan FPGA to Master Serial Mode.
· The Virtex-II FPGA is placed in the Bypass Mode in the Xilinx programming window. You will need to associate the FPGA with either a dummy .bit file or a .bsd file to allow the JTAG programming software to pass data through the FPGA.
· The design .mcs file is used to download the design into the 18V01 ISP PROM.
· Upon programming of the 18V01 ISP PROM, push PROGn button to initiate the Spartan FPGA configuration.

>>If you have the tech document files about xilinx programming tool, >>please share with me.

http://toolbox.x*l*nx.com/docsan/x*l*nx5/pdf/docs/pac/pac.pdf

Please upload schematic again,

Bart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back