Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[General] Crash sensor connectivity

Status
Not open for further replies.

karthi06

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

Recently i have purchased crash sensors from following link:https://pacificgsm.com/miscellaneous?product_id=102

I have checked the crash sensor on the connectivity using multimeter.There is a beep sound when both red and black probe is connected to NO and NC pins of the sensor.But,when the orange coloured
rubber tap is pressed, the beep is disappeared.There are 2 pins for the sensor,:

1) NC pin
2)NO/C pin

The sensors act as a switch with no external power required.It is the external input for the pic to detect the collision and sends a sms. Is my connection of sensors to PIC in attached circuit is correct ?

Thank you.

Attachments

• circuit.rar
    54.6 KB · Views: 33

Press rubber on top to release locked sensor.

Connect NC pin to +5V and NO pin to MCU digital input (INTx) pin. Also connect a 10k resistor between NO and GND.

When there is a crash sensor locks and NC and NO internally shorts and you get 5V across NO and GND pins.

Status
Not open for further replies.