Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Coupling Matrix Applied to Dielectric Resonator Filter Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

ali ghafoor

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have MATLAB code to generate coupling Matrix for required filtering specifications. I need to realize the filter using Dielectric Resonators. Can anybody provide me with some design guide that describes the procedure to translate coupling matrix into physical filter parameters e.g, Dielectric resonators Diameter, height, Er ?? and the relative position and structure of resonators to meet specific couplings among them as per coupling matrix ?? Kindly help me out .

can anybody please provide me with following book:
"microwave filters for communication systems fundamentals design and applications"

The attached paper describes how to translate the 'g' parameters of the Low Pass Prototype Filter into the Coupling Matrix parameters. You can use the 'g' parameters to determine the sectional series inductance and shunt capacitance. The explanation starts on p. 10.

I have a Coupling Matrix and am trying to use a gradient-based optimization function to reduce the Cost Function for my Filter. Do you have Matlab code that shows how to apply an optimization method like Matlab's 'solvopt' function to a Cost Function Matrix? I could really use it.

Attachments

• Skaik11PhD_A1a.pdf
    4.6 MB · Views: 86

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back