Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

0-60VDC power supply controlled by 0-5VDC

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuzkin

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points

A pot is a voltage level control because you place it in a voltage divider with the 5V supply. Are you trying to control is from a 0-5VDC microcontroller? I guess I don't understand the question.

In how many steps, you need to control the outputs? only 0V & 60V? else, how you are driving 0V to 5V ? if you are using DAC, you can inject the voltage on the feedback node of the regulator to adjust the voltage. Also there are some configurable power supply are available which can be configured through SMBUS. Give more information on your application.

Well friends.

I think i should give more detailed information.
What I need is to uso a PIC microcontroller, so using 2 push-buttons, I can increase / decrease the voltage level from 0VDC to 60VDC. The PIC output range is 0-5VDC, so I need an interface to convert this signal to 0-60VDC.
Current output needed 2.5 or 3A. Load is a magnet, with the following voltage/current measured:

40V - 2.08A
34.8V - 1.85A
30.3V - 1.26A
24.5V - 0.69A
18.4V - 0.12A
17V - 0.01A

The idea is to replace actual boards to get 50 or 60VDC in order to achieve a stronger magnetic force.

Thanks!

Best regards.

You can regulate either current or voltage at one time.

You can regulate either current or voltage at one time.

I just need to regulate voltage, but main problem is to interface 0-5VDC to 0-60VDC power supply.

Any idea?

Make a register to count up/down with switches. Eight bit is easy with pic. Make it available on port. Convert to voltage using DA
or simple R2R converter. Now you get reference voltage. Drop 60V to 5V range using potential divider. Feed these two voltages to comparators of PWM generator which drive a buck converter. The 60V is sampled from the output of buck converter.

You can use digital potentiometers, connected on the feedback pin of your 60V voltage generator. which can be adjusted through SPI/I2C according to the increment/decrement switch inputs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back