Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pole very near to origin in NGCC opamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

rishabh_31ec

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am designing four stage NGCC opamp in TSMC 180 nm process using Cadence Mixed signal design domain, keeping all mos have uniform length
L = 360nm.
I have designed whole circuitry in proper way so as;
gm1 = 114µs & gmf1 = 113.87µs. ( gm1 = transconductance of PMOS of diffrential amplifier )
gm2 = 184µs & gmf2 = 183.5µs
gm3 = 294µs & gmf3 = 293.7µs
gm4 = 982µs.
but when I simulate my circuitry I have found that a pole appears very near to zero i.e. @ 50.97.
I have calculated by considering UGB is near to 3 MHz and second pole is @ 3UGB, third and fourth pole are@ 5UGB then how the pole appears @ 50.97 my dc gain is ≈102 dB.

Is this due to fact that,
dc gain x 3 db bandwidth ( determined by first pole ) = UGB
If yes then how can I remove my problem without degrading gain, else what is the exact problem and it solution?

I have attached schematic of 3 stage NGCC just for idea.

Attachments

• ngcc.png
    ngcc.png
    614.5 KB · Views: 93

Hi, then how the pole appears @ 50.97 my dc gain is ≈102 dB.Is this due to fact that,dc gain x 3 db bandwidth ( determined by first pole ) = UGBIf yes then how can I remove my problem without degrading gain, else what is the exact problem and it solution? .
YES Try to reduce capacitance by 10x and reduce gain by 10 to increase GBW by 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back