Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Increase current of SPWM Inverter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kryptone

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
How do I increase the current at the output of my SPWM inverter? I am using 12V, 15A at input to dc-dc converter and I require 110 V-AC at about 10-15A at the output of the inverter.

Please help

is it your design or a commercial unit?

if you want 10A at 110VAC as the output, then you will need the input to handle at least 100A - is that realistic?

is it your design or a commercial unit?

if you want 10A at 110VAC as the output, then you will need the input to handle at least 100A - is that realistic?

my design......so couldnt I amplify the current using transistors?

Why is the use of high dc voltage inverter preferred over the low dc voltage?

The input stages of a SMPS are tied to the incoming voltage most are 230V input, so the first thing to do is to rectify the AC which gives 230 X 1.4 ~ 320V.
Frank

I get 180 Vdc from dc-dc converter which I fed into drain of h-bridge. I get ac output but not anything near 110 or 120 V-AC instead I get about 20 V-AC which is the same I got when I used low voltage varied from 12 to 16Vdc. What could be wrong?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back