Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

multiple pulse width modulation for dc/ac inverter lc filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

maicael

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello,
i am a student who has been experimenting on pwm since i am relatively new so i and my friend implemented a SPWM inverter using a micro controller using push pull topology and and we also implemented another inverter using multiple pulse width modulation where each half cycle is broken down into series of pulses of equal width.
for the Multiple PWM the switching frequency is 25khz at the output of the inverter and also same 25kHz for the SPWM.
my main question is for the Multiple PWM inverter using push pull topology also how do i design an appropriate LC filter to get the fundamental 50Hz sine wave.
is it thesame technique used in designing filters for SPWM or does the fact the the pulses in this inverter do not vary in a sinusoidal manner but instead have equal widths mean that the filter will be altered a little bit.
for the Multiple PWM inverter we have tested various loads like 60watt bulb, 75 watt bulb, soldering iron and so far they work ok without filter at the transformer output.
so what do i do?
i am doing this for learning as i love to explore so ideas and criticisms are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.