Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to calculate Pull down resistor for 8051

Status
Not open for further replies.

v.s.n.kumar

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
i want to connect pull down resistor to 8051 port1 pin. because i have selected that pin as input. & i gave the output from transistor bc547 collector to that pin. but the pin is always high even the transistor is acting as closed switch or open switch. so i decided to connect the pull down resistor. but i dont know what's the value. i didn't find in data sheet. so can anybody tell. i have already connected 330 ohms. i.e one terminal of resistor to ground & other to pin. but the pin value is high. it didn't change to logic low. so plz can anybody help me.

Hi,
i want to connect pull down resistor to 8051 port1 pin. because i have selected that pin as input. & i gave the output from transistor bc547 collector to that pin. but the pin is always high even the transistor is acting as closed switch or open switch. so i decided to connect the pull down resistor. but i dont know what's the value. i didn't find in data sheet. so can anybody tell. i have already connected 330 ohms. i.e one terminal of resistor to ground & other to pin. but the pin value is high. it didn't change to logic low. so plz can anybody help me.

I don’t think you work with the “old” 8051, instead your derivative is more likely to be AT89S52, or something similar. They don’t have internal pull-up resistors, as resistors take up a lot of area in CMOS.
What you can find there will be a small current source made out of MOSFET(s) and limited to roughly 50uA. If you can’t pull it down to 0V with a 330ohm resistor – the pins internals can be damaged.
:wink:
IanP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back