Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to implement a dual port RAM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nex

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dual port RAM

Hi,

Let's say that I need at least 64KB dual port RAM... Any ideea how to implement ? At this moment the timming of it is not important.

Cheers !

dual port RAM

Not clear what you want.

To implement your own dual-port memory? Then this question for FPGA or ASIC forum, not Microcontrollers.

If you need 64K dual-port to use with microcontroller, then just select one from Cypress or IDT. They have even higher capacities.

Or maybe you want to implement dual-port memory with uC and usual static RAM?

Re: dual port RAM

Hi,

Yes I want to implement dual port RAM with uC & static RAM.

Cheers !

dual port RAM

Then you just have to implement simple arbiter in uC, which receives Write/Read requests from two sources and provide control signals for memory and tri-state registers between Address/Data lines of memory and two sources. You even don't have to lead address/data lines of static memory and two sources to uC, so uC with 8 I/O pins should be enough for this task.

Status
Not open for further replies.