Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ofiice sound level monitoring - audio amplifier sound levels

Status
Not open for further replies.

brendonshaw

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to build a box which monitors certain levels in our office, I am having problems with getting the sound level monitoring. I have purchase a couple of Arduino microphone boards. but the sounds level voltage is quite low and looking at an LM386 amplifier. I have done a lot of searching on the net and seem to be going around in circles on a suitable circuit/interface.

I primary want to measure sound levels in a office, ideally convert them to dB's and log the data during the day. I plan to use an Arduino yun so the ADC voltage will be 0 to 5v and I would like to obtain a good range of sound and be quite sensitivity.

Not sure if any one could point me in the right direction to help to source a suitable design.

which boards did you try?

this might help

Status
Not open for further replies.