Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can someone help me identify this power regulator so i can get a replacement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dasitmane

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have one of the below regulators that i used with a variable power supply with a 5.5mm plug and i need to get another one, unfortunately i do not have the skills to build one myself and i am having trouble sourcing one.

Can anyone tell me what i should be looking for as a replacement?

Thanks

Last edited:

That sure is NOT a regulator. It's a resistor, a MOV and an LED. Is there any kind of information on that quality-looking assembly? Part number, manufacturer's name or something? Probably not; the manufacturer was apparently too ashamed.

I got it with an electroplating kit years ago, the led flashes when the voltage is too high and it works as a cut out circuit. Any idea where i can get another one like it?

There are only 3 parts. You should be able to test them for shorts or opens. Without a schematic it's impossible to tell you WHAT to 'get'.

Status
Not open for further replies.