Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mismatching in input of class AB PA

Status
Not open for further replies.

my6788

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello I am working on class AB PA in2.6 GHZ . For matching of input and output have used the sample of load pull in ADS to have the optimum load impedance but according to specified impedance and matching to 50 ohm the charectristic of s11 is not proper.it is about -5dB . I want to know how can I improve s11 ?and is not there any problem in my load pull simulation to Rexach a optimum impedance?

Hi,

I am sure you have matched your input wrongly (assuming you're tackling the problem of your S11 now). Make sure you conjugate match the input impedance.

Natnoraa

Input matching is generally done with conjugate of S11 unless any other circumstance has not been considered in PA designs.
Some exceptional applications require different than this to augment-for instance PAE- otherwise conjugate of S11 is overruled on.

a11.pngThank you for your respond. I attempted to match input of Transistor and obtained this results as you can see in attached file. I want to know is it ok?please if any person know respond me.
Thank you

Attachments

• a11.pdf
    92.9 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

View attachment 103793Thank you for your respond. I attempted to match input of Transistor and obtained this results as you can see in attached file. I want to know is it ok?please if any person know respond me.
Thank you
If these results satisfy your requirements and defined specifications, they are OK.
My belief is that your amplifier is working well with high PAE and Gain.( I don't know the frequency and expectations, it's just an intuitive assessment.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back