Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

EVM and spectrum mask question

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyai

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, everybody
I think this is a simple question for RF expert. What is the EVM, and how to measure the EVM ? and the relationship between spectrum mask???

cyai said:
Hello, everybody
I think this is a simple question for RF expert. What is the EVM, and how to measure the EVM ? and the relationship between spectrum mask???

EVM:

h**p://rfdesign.com/mag/411rfdf4.pdf

y can use the AGILENT E4445A to meaure the EVM;
this is a cheap way;

or y can use the vector signal analyzer to measure the EVM

dear
you can visit the @ilent website for more info about EVM test. I saw the EVM test for GSM/EDGE PA output signals. all done by @gilent E4406 VSA instrument.

There really isn't a relationship betweem EVM and spectral mask. For example, you could have a sign error in you baseband I/Q setup, so that your bits are inverted. You'd see the same spectral mask, but your evm would be bad.

Have a llok to the Agilent note

Agilent, Using EVM Measurements to Analyze and Troubleshoot Vector-Modulated Signals (PN 89400-14)

can be downloaded from:
www.agilent.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back