Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power divider over an ultra-wideband 5 MHz to 1 GHz, please !

Status
Not open for further replies.

votientu

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys,

The first thing I want to ask is how to realize a power divider (such as Wilkinson divider) over an ultra-wideband.
Is there any methods ? Do you know some books which mention this issue.

The second thing is whether it is possible to carry out a power divider over frequency bands from 5 MHz to 1 GHz.
Anyway, I saw one, I just want to make sure about it.

Please help me !
Thanks!

Regarding the first question: Yes.
They are Multi-Section Wilkinson Dividers. More bandwidth require more sections.

Look for example the old paper "A Class of Broadband Three-Port TEM-Mode Hybrids", by Cohn, IEEE Trans. MTT 1968.

Regards

Z

Wilkinson Power Divider doesn't work over this bandwidth and at those frequencies...
Over this frequency range and bandwidth, there is only one solution.
Ferrite Cored Wideband Transformers.

Hi, thank guys, these keys are very useful for me.
Brief, we are two solutions for this problem, each one is good in HF&VHF band, another is better in UHF band.
But mathematically, do you think that Ferrite Cored Wideband Transformers works for UHF band ?

Hi, thank guys, these keys are very useful for me.
Brief, we are two solutions for this problem, each one is good in HF&VHF band, another is better in UHF band.
But mathematically, do you think that Ferrite Cored Wideband Transformers works for UHF band ?
Yes they work fine if they are designed well.Almost all splitters,tap-offs,power combiners are made by ferrite transformers for VHF/UHF bands.

Hi BigBoss, I think it is the key solution for my problem.
As far this theory, could you suggest me some me some materials ?
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back