Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to make prototype PCBs using photosensitive PCBs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

techie

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
PCB prototype problem

I got some "presensitized PCB" from a DIY shop. These are smal pcs of PCBs that have some photosensitive coating on them. The coating is green in color and then there is a white sticker on top. The instructions are in a language that I dont understand. Can someone help me and describe the method how to make prototype PCBs using this type of photosentsitive PCBs.

Re: PCB prototype problem

Probably it depends in some degree from manifacturer. In general, procedure is
1. Print on transparent film your PCB project.
2.Remove protective adhesive laminate from the board.
3.place printed film on board
4. Expose board with UV lamp ( 300-400nm) for some time. In fact this is biggest problem, because you dont know for how long you shoud expose the board. You must try several times. Exposer time is somewhat about several minutes, depending on your UV lamp. Check google for " UV exposure box"
5.Develop board.
6.Etch.

This technology is not simple, but produce probably best results.

PCB prototype problem

thanks. i unerstand everything except How to develop after exposing . what chemical to use as a developer.

In general development is simple. You must prepare some solution, like it is shown**broken link removed**. Just put the board in solution for about a minute There is a lot diferent developers on the market. Some people use NaOH, but result depedns from devlopment time quite strongly.

Moss said:
In general development is simple. You must prepare some solution, like it is shown here. Just put the board in solution for about a minute There is a lot diferent developers on the market. Some people use NaOH, but result depedns from devlopment time quite strongly.
concerning the caustic soda concentration etc. take a look at this thread:

Mik

Last edited by a moderator:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back