Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC motor speed control using Full wave controlled rectifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charukeshi Joglekar

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I am trying to build a full wave controlled rectifier for 1 HP 180V 5.5A DC motor.
Please guide me about how to proceed with design and how to choose which power device to use and what its rating should be?

Hello,
I am trying to build a full wave controlled rectifier for 1 HP 180V 5.5A DC motor.
Please guide me about how to proceed with design and how to choose which power device to use and what its rating should be?

Hi Charukeshi Joglekar
Your question seems so general .
By full wave you mean SCR controlled velocity control ? if so is that mean that your input is from main inlet ( AC source ? ) how much is maximum amplitude of your inlet ?
Why bridge controlled ? if that's just a DC motor why not just a mosfet or maybe an IGBT and a simple PWM driver which are much simpler than what you're attempting to do ?

Best Wishes
Goldsmith

Status
Not open for further replies.