Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reason of leakage current in HEMT devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhijitrc

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

We are using CFY67-08 ( infenion make-HEMT ) for our LNA design, for biasing purpose we are using a sequential bias card, initially devices have been tested separately in a jig and it is observed that at Vds=2V we are drawing a drain current of 10 mA, with a leakage current (gate leakage current) at 0.02micro amps., but once the devices have been incorporated with bias card and later we are observing there is a change in the gate leakage current which is 0.3mA ,ie, the value is quite large, now my doubt is :

1. This gate leakage current will change the device performance ?

2. Whether with time device performance will change and there is a chance of damage of the device.!!

3. Noise figure will change ?

Plz guide me.

Hi Abhiji,
I would like to know about following conditions to answer yr Qns.
What about Gate voltage at both the cases (Tested seperately and with device card)?
Are u mentioning Gate Current or Gate Leakage Current (Pls Confirm)

In General, if the device acquires more current means, there can a capacitive components in the bias card.
Try to check out this. how yr bias card sources current to Amplifier.(i.e Is it have sufficient capacity to source current at specified voltage)

As of my knowledge, if the gate leakage current is increased, there will not be any malfunction in the device performance (unless and until the increased values are upto the specifications in the datasheet)

And about Noise Figure i am not very sure. i can degrade...

Pls answer above said conditions. i will try my best.

Regards,
Shunmuga Sundaram

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back