Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is Hysteresis material constant "ηB"

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocky56hk1

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I had downloaded the datasheet from EPCOS https://www.epcos.com/blob/528850/download/3/pdf-n27.pdf,
I want to know the remanence Br of the ferrite, there is parameter name Hysteresis material constant "ηB" on table of Page2, could someone tell me what it is ? How can I calculate the Br from the parameter ?

Regards,
rocky

What is Hystersis Materials constant

I had donwload the ferrite core datasheet from EPCOS, there is a parameter call Hystersis Materials constant "nB". What it is ? How can I get the remananece Br ?
Regards,
rocky

Re: What is Hystersis Materials constant

As explained in the general ferrite informations, ηB describes hysteresis losses, in so far it's not directly related to Br. Br depends on test conditions and can be read from magnetization curves.

I checked the epcos ferrite book on my shelf:

So it's useful for estimating core losses, but not Br (though the two are certainly correlated to some extent).

In general you can't predict Br exactly, it depends on the overall H stimulus you give the core (and air gap of course). The magnetization curves can, at the very least, give the worst case Br with no gap and a large magnetization.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back