Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

which RFID development board or RF evaluation board to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

grit_fire

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear friends,

I need help in choosing RFID development board or RF TX/RX evaluation board. The goal is to find the phase of the received signal by using the I and Q information after demodulating the received signal. The equation to calculate the phase is arctan(Q/I). I don't care about how what the data is, all I want to know is the phase information. This sounds like a very simple task, but due to my lack of experience with such kind of board and micro-controllers, I am having lots of trouble identifying the correct or the most suitable board.

Other requirements (Ideal)
1. Operating in ISM band (13.56 MHz or 435 MHz or 915 MHz)
2. Does the board have to include a microcontroller in order to obtain the phase information? I have little experience with the microcontroller. I am hoping there are something simpler for me to obtain the I and Q directly and hence the phase information can be obtained strightforward.
3. I am looking for some board that has every component on it to perform the required task. As few extra components needed as possible would be really nice.

I have actually looked at quite a number of development board for RFID or evaluation board for RF transceivers, or just RF receivers, as far as I know, most of them contains the microcontroller. Honestly, I have no idea what the microcontroller is doing there, neither did I find any information on what's going into the microcontroller and what's coming out from the data sheet of the board. (maybe I just don't understand how it works)

I'd really appreciate on any suggest you guys can provide. Or any directions to resource I can read to help my selection of boards.

Thank you so much in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back