Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

create library from standard cells

Status
Not open for further replies.

anrope2

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to create new cells made of standard cells in order to reuse them as a library in place&route . it is possible? which will be the correct steps?

thanks in advance

What kind of "cells" are you talking about? Blood cells? Jail cells? Symbols for schematics?

I make schematics with Microsoft Paint program. I have a few libraries of parts symbols but I never use them. I simply copy and paste parts symbols from other schematics and datasheets that I use a lot and I am familiar with.

Maybe you are talking about making a pcb?
Como Estas.

I have a simple design (sort of hand-made multiplexer), let' s call it Self-MuX. I synthesized it with design compiler (synopsys) and them It is placed and route in IC compiler (synopsys). After that I am able to create its timing model (.lib/.db) with primetime, so in practice i can synthesize bigger designs using my Self-Mux as a library.

My problem arise when I want to place and route those bigger designs as I cannot create a whole Mylkyway reference library (with the physical info etc ,...) of the Self-Mux. I cannot find so much information, so I was wondering which are the proper steps to do that.

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.