Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Running user program on an AD EZ-Kit Lite. Help me please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirgizz

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I got a DSP evaluation board from ADI. That one is ADDS-21262EZKit (EZ Lite Kit). The TestDrive license (90 days-restriction) is in use for it, not expired yet.

After building my project I usually started simulation (session: ADSP-21262 ...Simulator). I want to test real hardware now, but I see nothing is happened (use blinking LEDs example from ADI).

Installed/set:
The board seems to be OK, power and USB connection LEDs are lighting. VisualDSP++ 3.5 installed, I activate "ADSP-21262 ....EZ KIT Lite" session. After building the project the .dxe-file must be (down?)loaded and started (in VisualDSP++ simulator or on the board?). But I can't notice anything...

Now my questions:
Maybe do I something wrong? Are there any restrictions responsible for it? Can I download and run my program on th board at all without using ICE emulators from ADI? Can anyone familiarized with SHARC EZ-Kits help me please?

Hi kirgizz,

It's a little bit hard to determine what's going wrong, it could be a multitude of things. What I suggest is to try to execute one of ADI test code example that comes with the evalulation kit. Because if you try to program the flash memory or use your own code your just adding some new variables to the equation.

Open a known good working project with VisualDSP++, compile it (if necessary) and run it (in visualdDSP++) to see if it works. When you get that going then try to run one of your code and use the debugger to solve your problems if any.

Before you compile your project, go under project->project options... and make sure that all the fields are setup correctly. Like I said initially a multitude of things could go wrong. You can also contact Analog Devices (through their website) and explain them your problem.

I hope this helps!
s2c97

Re: Running user program on an AD EZ-Kit Lite. Help me pleas

these kits have some jumpers settins that you can see in the datasheet of that product if it cant work you can try rebuild all in the visual dsp envoiriment or your section is not right configured if you need ppm me ..
by

s2c97, snake thank you for your saggestions.

I set all jumpers as default and got it running with the AD examples.
There is an AD example with Talkthrough from/to AD1835 onboard codec. If I connect the input with an sine oscillator and put my own routine into this "frame" ISR I don't see any signal on output. Else if I do nothing (no calculations on input values, direct transfer from input to output only) so I see the sine on output.

My routine takes the 24-bit fixed data from input buffer, convert it to 32-bit floating, does a pair of +/* -operations, converts the result back to fixed point and put it into
output buffer.

It is possible that the board/VisualDSP++ are buggy?

OK guys, thanks to all.

The board works, the only problem (I guess) is data format conversion.

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back