Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Adding vendor transistor model in ADS--Error: unable to access library

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin02

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello dears
I added vendor transistor model to implement an amplifier in ADS. In the schematic I have added the model and tried to simulate. The following error pop up : unable to access the library...so the simulation stopped immediately
I greatly appreciate your help in advance.

You need to give a lot more detail for anyone to be able to help.
1. What version of ADS are you using?
2. What type of model have you using from the vendor?
3. How have you 'added the model'?

You need to give a lot more detail for anyone to be able to help.
1. What version of ADS are you using?
Resp: ADS2013

2. What type of model have you using from the vendor?
Reso: CREE CGH40010

3. How have you 'added the model'?
Based on the following instruction given by the vendor:
ADS Installation Notes for Cree GaN HEMT Large Signal Models

This instruction sheet covers the installation in ADS for Cree’s CGH40006P, CGH40006S, CGH40010F, CGH40010P, CGH40025F, CGH40025P, CGH40035F, CGH40045F, CGH40090PP, CGH40120F and CGH40180PP GaN HEMT models.

1. Remove “ADS_”.
2. **Important** Save the .zip file to disk.
3. Start up ADS and look for the drop-down menu in main window titled "DesignKit."
4. Choose the option "Install Design Kits." (Note: A window will pop up with Steps).
5. Use ADS step 2 "Define Design Kit" and browse to the kit file.
6. At the bottom of this ADS window you can select user level, project level, etc.
Then click OK.
Note: This will install the kit.
7. Open a design window and select model from the palette.
Note: Here you can pick and place the models.
8. The Gate voltage is -3.0 < Vg < -1.5, with pinch off ~2.9 Volts. Vd is valid
from ~28V to ~48V

Thank you so much for your quick response

Those instructions are for ADS 2009U1 or earlier. The process is completely different now for ADS 2013 and if what you have an older version of the PDK it will not work now with ADS 2013. Please check with Cree that you have the latest version of the kit and the appropriate Installation Instructions for ADS 2011.01 or later. If the PDK is compatible with ADS 2011.01 or later the following provides some general installation instructions:

Using the ADS Design Kit Tools

You can tell if the PDK is compatible with ADS 2011.01 or later by simply browsing the contents of the ZIP file using Windows or WinZip etc. You should see folders named circuit, de, doc etc. At this same level if you see a file called lib.defs then the kit is compatible with ADS 2011.01 and later. If there is a folder called design_kit and no lib.defs file then the kit is compatible with ADS 2009U1 or earlier. If you see both a lib.defs file and a design_kit folder it is compatible with all versions of ADS. The Installation Instructions are different for the two options though and you need to follow the appropriate method.

Thank so much dear I will contact CREE to get the latest version of the model and come back to you if I have any other issue with that.
Thx once again

plz i want the large signal model for CGH40120F transistor because i need it for my thesis

You need to get this from Cree directly. The datasheet for the **broken link removed** has a link the their RF Portal but you need to **broken link removed** from Cree first. It does not matter if you are a student or designer the process is the same.

Dear realAEL

I Already did that but there is no reply from the CREE company so far ..so kindly contact them forThe large signal model for CGH40120F transistor for AWR microwave office program and send it to me please...

THANKS IN Advance.

i try this because i am working on amplifier using transistor of CGH40010F and i can not find the directory of kit file. i need the ADS model of CGH40010F my ADS version is 2009 please help me in getting this model for my student project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back