Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reading msg from sim900

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kishor_B

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello guys, I want to read massage from sim900 modem..
whenever I use AT+CMGF=x command modem is replying with OK instead of massage.
what should I have to do?

This is not the command to read messages.

Use
AT+CMGL="ALL"

This command will list all messages stored in your SIM memory

- - - Updated - - -

Apart from this you can also use

AT+CMGL="REC READ"

To get the list of received messages you have read.

and

AT+CMGL="REC UNREAD"

To get the list of Unread Messages

Use this command AT+CMGL=? to get various other parameters associated with AT+CMGL

I have attached an image.. My sim900 is responding OK to every massage reading command.

Attachments

• AT COMMANDS.jpg
    AT COMMANDS.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 93

It means that you are not having any message in your sim, so simple.

Power on Your Module and then send message to the module using another phone, then try these commands

hahah.. i have sent more than dozen massages to that sim..even i used AT+CPMS="SM" to select sim memory.. tried other simcard.. but no effect.. it again responded OK only..earlier my gsm modem was working perfectly .. do you have any other idea to solve this problem? thanks for previous replies.

Okay!!!

Did you power on your module?
Then open Hyper-terminal

Then using some other phone send the message to this module,
are u receiving
+CMTI on hyper-terminal

Tell me whether upto this part is okay or not.

This was not good, i am trying to help you, and you haven't mentioned anywhere that you had sent dozen of messages.

SORRY if I disappointed you.. I did not intended that..
and I tried both ways.. sending message before powering on modem and then check using hyper_terminal and also as u mentioned above.. but result was same..

is there any command to auto delete massage?

my modem is showing received massage only when it is connected to hyper-terminal...

- - - Updated - - -

hey.. i just inserted that same sim card into mobile.. but there was no any message stored in the message memory..
i think my messages are being stored on the memory of sim900(if it has its own)..or sim900 is deleting my messages..
what do you thing?

I think that sms are storing at some other place, which we are not able to recognize.

Yes there is a command to delete all sms from SIM Card
AT+CMGDA

Hey.. its done.. i reset my GSM modem to manufacturer settings.. its working perfectly now.. Thanks for the suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.