Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[General] Saving Data in to Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

idontno

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear Helper

I am working on my personal project and I need a help for it.

I want to attached a barcode scanner via USB Port in to my controller unit, at the moment it has ATmega8 controller, obviously controller will have limitation of memory to store the data but is it possible to store scanned barcode ?

let me make it simple. there is a scanner attached to controller unit via USB port of my controller unit, I want to save all scanned barcodes in to ATmega8

I understand that I might need some other controller to make this possible,

do I also need some extra memory chip in to my circuit so that I can have more space to store this data ? I wanted to manipulate this data on later stage.

any help will be much appreciated

Thank you very much.

Last edited:

Dear Helper

I am working on my personal project and I need a help for it.

I want to attached a barcode scanner via USB Port in to my controller unit, at the moment it has ATmega8 controller, obviously controller will have limitation of memory to store the data but is it possible to store scanned barcode ?

let me make it simple. there is a scanner attached to controller unit via USB port of my controller unit, I want to save all scanned barcodes in to ATmega8

I understand that I might need some other controller to make this possible,

do I also need some extra memory chip in to my circuit so that I can have more space to store this data ? I wanted to manipulate this data on later stage.

any help will be much appreciated

Thank you very much.

Hi,

You first need to establish how many bytes of data your bar code reader produces for each read ? then how many readings / time frame you want to store them for ?
That will determine your storage needs, either eeprom chips or a sd card.

Being as you are using the Atmega chips the Arduino arena seems a good starting place.
https://www.circuitsathome.com/mcu/connecting-barcode-scanner-arduino-usb-host-shield

Status
Not open for further replies.