Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help needed on Simple Timer Issue - Timer not correct due to Caps not discharged

Status
Not open for further replies.

venkir

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
All,

please help me on the below.

I'm using simple timer 2.5 seconds using Transistor and Caps.

As Caps discharged takes more time via bleeder resistance, the timer is incorrect on successive tries.

how can I momentarily short the caps and discharge either after switch of main voltage supply or during power on.

the circuit I try is very basic as in the link **broken link removed**

please help me and advice any change of or new circuit

thanks in advance.

That method isn't particularly reliable but keeping it simple, the easiest solution is to use a change-over switch instead of a press-to-make push button. Wire it so that when the button is released you connect a low value resistor (~47 Ohms) across the capacitor to give it a higher discharge current. Do not simply short the capacitor out as the spark will damage the switch contacts.

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back