Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Years of experience in IC-level analog design

How many years of hands-on experience in chip-level analog design do you have?

• less than 1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • from 1 to 2

• from 2 to 3

• from 3 to 5

• from 5 to 7

• from 7 to 10

• from 10 to 15

• from 15 to 25

• from 25 to 35

• more than 35

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1++ yr. Still need a lot to catch up :idea:

Experience is a cumulation of mistakes. Once these where done it's time for a few another ...

There is a curve of optimum efficiency in the same job. The maximum efficiency is reached at 6...7 years, then falls down.

greetings,

2 yrs+

i think for analog designs, the more the number of years of experience, the better you are. unless you never keep on updating yourself.

steer said:
OK guys, you convinced me. 10-15 years is not that bad.
So when a roll-off of designer's capabilities begins? After 20 years of work? 25 years? 30?
Do you think that analog designer with 45 years of experience is better than one with 5 years?
I mean in average. Barry Gilbert and Bob Widlar are just exceptions, but what is the rule?

the more u learn the more u know...

obviously 45 years of experience is better than 5.....unless he/she spent the 45 years mostly sleeping....

Partially agree.

I'm risking to be controversial, but I believe 5-6 years of experience is a "sweet spot" for analog designer.
10 years leaves a lot of useless luggage in designer's head, that not everybody can leave behind.

2 years ,1 for digital , 1 for analog

Gilbert is a very good designer

5 years

I have 7 years in analogue design including RF.

hi;
2 yrs of work exp. in RFIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back