Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] 14V to 12V Cuk Converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtothec

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all. Obviously I'm new here so I hope this is in the right place. My friend recommended posting here, he said it really helped him out so here I go.

I have been trying to design a Cuk Converter that will take in an input voltage of 9-18V and give an output of 12V (+/- 20%). The output voltage ripple across the outout capacitor C0 needs to be 0.1V. I have little to no experience with converters but I was able to workout values for all of the resistors, inductors, and capacitors for the circuit. Currently I have left out the feedback for the system in order to focus on the converter itself. For the initial design I have set the the input voltage to 14V and the switching transistor is ran by a square wave with a peak voltage of 10V.

The problem is that something doesn't work. When I run the simulation the output voltage comes out to be 82.97e-24V. I'm not very confident with PSpice, so I may be using the wrong parts, or my calculations could be incorrect. In short I would like to know which is wrong, my schematic or my calculations? That way I can go about fixing it.

When designing the circuit I made a few assumptions (these are not set in stone)
1) I set the output current Ia = 0.5A
2) I set ΔVCt = 0.1V

Below I have attached my hand worked calculations and a picture of the schematic.
Thank you all for the help,
dtothec

Cuk Converter.PNGCuk Converter Calculations-1.PNGCuk Converter Calculations-2.PNG

Edit: So I measured the voltage across the load resistor and it turns out it works. So for now everything is good.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.