Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SAR Measurement Setup for Radiometric applicator in L band

Status
Not open for further replies.

raed_microwave

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I'd like to measure the SAR and I want to build the measurement setup fur this purpose. The radiometric applicator is used for medical radiometer system. For example, If I have a acrylic box filled with water (40*40*40) cm^3 as model of human tissues and I put two identical applicators on the boundaries of box and connect them to the VNA ( vector network analyzer). Can I measure the SAR using this kind of setup?

Thanks in advance
Hadi

To measure Specific Absorption Rate you need to measure the Electric Field that penetrates a particular material with a specific density and a specific conductivity.
If you know the density and the conductivity of the penetrated material, the Network Analyzer setup can give you the information about the electric field (you know the generated RF power at one port, and the received power at the other). But you have to calibrate the setup for this measurement using the available probes, and this is not an easy job without having some references.

Thanks for your reply.........I'd like to use the same applicator as reference and AUT i.e. both of them have the same SAR distributions. Is it correct in this way? The problem that I don't have E or H probes in our labs and I want to find another solution as well as these probes are expensive. DO you have some references that construct SAR measurement setup in the same way what I described?

As I mentioned, if you don't have the calibrated probes, you have to use a reference to calibrate your setup. Try to rent/borrow some calibrated probes just to calibrate your setup. I do not have more information in this regards, but I am pretty sure the net is full of SAR setup examples.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back