Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[PIC] micro controller program burning issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

adnan namal

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can anyone help me to solve this issue. i am using pickit3 MPLAB 8.33 to burn program in pic16f877a micro-controller.
this error is appear while burning a program.
"
Target Device ID (00000000) does not match expected DeviceID (000004e0).

This is the same error I get in MPLAB X!

Now, I try and program it despite this and get:

Programming...
The following memory regions failed to program correctly:program MemoryAddress: 00000000 Expected Value: 00002fed Received Value: 00000000
Programming failed"

Have you connected the PINS (all 6) or MCLR pin of PIC kit 3 with your PIC16 based Board ?

Your programmer can not "see" mcu.
Check connection to mcu.
Check if mcu has power supply.
Check if mcu is OK (try to replace them with new one.

I have similar problem a few times, try to unconnect programmer and connect them again to USB port...

Mr.Cube

THANKS for your reply i am facing same issue... sometime it works properly and sometime not... i used 100ohm resistor in series with mcu..

- - - Updated - - -

on breadboard i faced this issue. on veroboard it is working properly first time but second time again i faced this problem

Do one thing as BigDogGuru also told you just post the schematic of your Connections and all related things then only we will look on the real scenario even you can post the IMAGEs explaining the connections well
?

Hi,

How long are the wires from the Pk3 to the 877a ? 150mm at most , the shorter the better.

Until you have got things working properly stick to vero board, breadboards can have their own problems with high speed circuits.

Hi,

How long are the wires from the Pk3 to the 877a ? 150mm at most , the shorter the better.

Until you have got things working properly stick to vero board, breadboards can have their own problems with high speed circuits.

have u connect external crystal?? chk ur mclr pin do not connect diode at this pin...
kindly post schematic so that v can give u proper solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back