Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

water level indicator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chandu Nagabrahmam

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi guys..
Im doing project on water level indicator, I have designed water level sensor using transistor BC547.(circuit is attached)
The LED glows when probes touches the water. the output of the sensor is given to microcontroller.
I need some 5v to drive the port pins. but sensor output is below 3 volts. what can i do to get 5v and if I can amplify it, please provide the amplifier circuit.

Attachments

• Liquid level alarm using AT89C51_0.gif
    Liquid level alarm using AT89C51_0.gif
    47.6 KB · Views: 65

I have a problem , in that your words do not match the circuit. There is no LED in the circuit. To make sure that the transistors turn on connect a high value resistor between their bases and the +Vcc - 1 meg X 4?
Frank

sorry about the circuit, here is the one I have attached

Attachments

• simple-water-level-indicator-circuit.gif
    simple-water-level-indicator-circuit.gif
    7.5 KB · Views: 51

why do you need a LED in the probe? You are losing 1v6 by including it. AC on the probe is generally preferred.

Status
Not open for further replies.