Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

(Altium Designer) Altium PCB design in to Solid works electrical as a connectable sol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul J

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Guys,

We have Altium designer 2011. We have just recently invested in Solid works electrical to manufacture large control panels, etc.

In Solid works electrical. Parts consist of symbols like switches, contactors, relays, etc. These symbols have electrical connection points like the symbols in Altium.

What I want to be able to do with Altium is export the PCB design as a electrical symbol that can then be imported into solid works electrical. I want the exported symbol to have the electrical connection points that are the connectors on my PCB design.

I know that STEP, DXF/DWG, etc, models can be imported/exported with solid works. But these are just models. I want a symbol, and or model, that has the electrical connections as well. Like any other part in solid works electrical. Then I can have the PCB as a part in my large control panel with the correct wiring going to the correct connector on the PCB.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Paul.

Make a part in Solid Works electrical that mimics the PCB, I cant think of any direct interface and don't have access to the ascii data formats, but you could look at doing a report out of altium that could be in a format that you can read into SW Electrical to create the desired PCB representation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back