Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MAX3421E as usb host

Status
Not open for further replies.

spe.CIA.l

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,

Actually my issue is similar with the one posted before:
https://www.edaboard.com/threads/154217/
but it was posted 4 years ago and there was no solution to that problem so i don't know how the poster fixed that issue in the end.

I am trying to connect max3421e eval kit to arduino mega 2560 while max3421e functions as a usb host. Right now the SPI interface is working perfectly. However, if i try to connect a usb keyboard to max3421e eval kit and run a usb host library, I get 0x05(hrSTALL) from HRSL when sending getDevDescr. An interesting thing is that if i connect a usb stick to the eval kit instead, i am able to get into the next stage which is "setAddr", but in turn hrSL returns 0x08(byte count error).

GPOUT7 is set to 1. DPULLDN, DMPULLDN, SOFKAENAB, LOWSPEED, HOST are written into MODE register. Vbus Low Speed is connected to 5V.

Sorry i have stuck on this for a long time. i will be much appreciated it if someone can save my life. Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back