Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Xilinx ISE IP core error; what can I do when core does not exist in current version?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fractional-N

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
when I try to simulate a code which has a fifo core in it I get this error:

Code:
ERROR:HDLCompiler:104 --- Cannot find <fifo_generator_v4_2> in library <xilinxcorelib>. Please ensure that the library was compiled, and that a library and a use clause are present in the VHDL file.
WARNING:sim - The IP Fifo Generator 4.2 does not exist within the repository,
   and cannot be recustomized or regenerated. It is not available in CoreGen
   13.2, and may have been removed or replaced. To generate Fifo Generator 4.2
   please use a previous version of ISE in which this IP is available, or add
   the user repository which contains this IP.

I don't have the previous version of ISE; what can I do?

Or regenerate the FIFO with the Xilinx version you do have...

r.b.

You can download this version from Xilinx website, can't you?

You are very wise! :lol: Considering my internet connection speed which is a 256Kbps (shared with 5 other users) and costs 6$ per mounth and considering that the ISE is about 4GB, it takes almost 35 hours for me to download it, of course if the connection does not lose. Thank you for your very helpful comment.

Or regenerate the FIFO with the Xilinx version you do have...

Can you please tell me what exactly should I do?
First I clock Implementation radio button ra.png then I double clock on Regenerate Cores co.png . but I still get that ERROR.

Is it really impossible to use a core generated in previous versions of ISE in newer versions?

I would start from scratch and build a FIFO in Coregen that has the same functionality as the one which is not working. If you have all of the original files, the .xco file has a list of all of the Coregen options that were used to build the FIFO, and the original RTL file for the FIFO will confirm the features and port widths etc. With that info, it only takes a few minutes in Coregen to build a duplicate of your old FIFO.

Yes, it can be impossible to use old cores, especially if the old one was generated with a version of fifo_generator that had bugs or was not optimal.

r.b

You are very wise! :lol: Considering my internet connection speed which is a 256Kbps (shared with 5 other users) and costs 6$ per mounth and considering that the ISE is about 4GB, it takes almost 35 hours for me to download it, of course if the connection does not lose. Thank you for your very helpful comment.
If you started the download at the moment of your first post, it would be done by now. ;-)

Is it really impossible to use a core generated in previous versions of ISE in newer versions?
Nope, it's possibe. But there have been very interesting side effects in the past, so I wouldn't recommend it. Unless of course you have some free time to go hunt down interesting problems. So if you don't have a solution at this point in time I'd suggest you start that < 2 days download now with a download manager. At least that way if after some mucking about it still doesn't work, at least you will have an alternative solution. And the mucking about being grab the .xco file and see if you can regenerate the core in your current version. Sometimes works, sometimes doesn't, depends a bit on the core.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back