Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to Import .tdb file Into Cadence Virtuoso Layout Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prasanna Kumar

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
.tdb to .gds

Hi

I am Using Cadence Virtuoso as Layout Editor . I will be grateful if any one can tell how to export an layout file in TANNER L_Edit (.tdb form ) into Cadence Layout Editor.

If there is any process as

1.converting .tdb into GDSII and imporitng into Layout Editor
2.How to save GDSII into .cdb

( If I am asking wrongly pl forgive me and give me the correct details )

thanks in advance

Prasanna

tdb file

import the GDS II file as stream in to cadence.
In the CIW window select File->Import->Stream

import gds cadence

Maybe you can try to exprot gds2 from L-Editor and then import that files into Virtuoso. One remark , it it better to import one technology file which Virtuosos needed first.

cadence 导入layout

From L-Edit, export your design in GDS2 format, then stream in the GDS data into Virtuoso.
Please make sure that the GDS layers between Tanner and Cadence are the same.

gds2 + cadence

I think the .tdb files can work just only under L_edit
It is a kind of database files that includes datas of layouts, layers define information, tech information and so on. And you can edit the .tdb files directly by L_edit.
But in Virtouso, one file that you can edit directly by editer dose not include so much information.
The only way, as I konw, is using GDSII files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back