Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Interfacing block with output [15:0] to block with input [0:15]

Status
Not open for further replies.

caio.mqo

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,

I am sorry if this is a recurrent question, but I tried to look for it in the forum and could not find a good way to elaborate my question in order to find something similar.

My problem is the following:
I have a block outputting data to a vector which is 16 bits (15 downto 0).
The next block has an input vector of (0 to 15) and then outputs data also (0 to 15).
Afterwards, the following block gets the output from the previous one as input. But this third one has also (15 downto 0) input.
(If it is complicated, the "diagram" below could help).

Block 1 [15:0] <---> [0:15] Block 2 [0:15] <---> [15:0] Block 3

Do you have any suggestions about what to do? I must use the outputs from block 2 for some control logic, and the way it is right now everything is getting messed up.
My idea was to use everything [15:0]

Thanks in advance!

if Block1 is [MSB to LSB] block2 is [MSB to LSB] .... then it doesnt matter if its 15:0 or 0:15, else you can change port notification or write simple revert bit function

Thanks axcdd!

Actually I just changed the control bit I was using from Block 2 output. I was supposed to use the MSB, but with this interchange I was getting the LSB.

Problem solved! At least so far!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back