Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

modelsim command line arguments

Status
Not open for further replies.

eng.amr2009

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi there,

I was developing a TCL script for simulation with modelsim. The TCL script accepts some command line arguments like

Code:
[B]simconfig.tcl[/B] -coverage <value1> -toplevel <value2> -tc <value3>

When I tried to run the script via tclsh under linux, it works perfect. As I actually need it for modelsim simulation, I tried to run it from modelsim console via do like

Code:
do simconfig.tcl -coverage <value1> -toplevel <value2> -tc <value3>

The script did not work. After some debugging I found out that modelsim does not pass the arguments to the tcl script. To make sure a created another script sim.do and ran it using do with same arguments passed above, I echoed the $argv, it did not include the passed argument variable !!!!

I do not need to use $1, $2 as this reduces script comparability.

Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance.

argv contains the arguments used when invoking modelsim/questa. You must use $1-$9 to get the macro arguments. Consider writing your script as a Tcl procedure , and then call the tcl procedure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back