Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

smart battery charger circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

--BawA--

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have to design a battery charger for 65AH 12V SLA battery, it should start the charging in BULK mode to 14.1V and after that it should trickle to 13.65V. i want to use microcontroller to monitor all the parameters, i have variable DC source which is capable of providing a voltage from 12V to 20V and 10 ampere current , so how to start with? i dont have much idea ,so plz give me some link or application note.

First you must measure the voltage and the current. You must build some interface to be able to control your PSU output voltage. So I guess you will need two A to Ds and one D to A.
Frank

I have to charge the battery at 6.5 ampere current .so how to limit this 6.5ampere current from microcontroller..i'll be using pic18 series mcu.

Below are the required steps. The actual code depends whether you are using C, Basic, Assembler or something else

0) Initialize control variable to PWM timer or the DAC to a low value.
1) Sample current, condition sample to within a 0->5V range
2) Perform ADC conversion
3) Compare ADC value against value in setpoint variable
4) Adjust the control variable up or down as required.
5) go to 1), repeat forever.

anybody knows any P MOS of specification 20 ampere (or greater) drain-source current and capable of handling around 50Volts atleast ,,? i have to use in the buck converter to charge the battery rated 12V,65AH. ,,also it should be easily available??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back