Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to decide the fanout?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mic_huhu

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,everybody,

I don't know how to add fanout number in the DC constraints file.
who can help me?

Thanks

JOhnny

i can find the default value in your process library,
and you can define the value according to your design based on the value

By default, the synthesis tools such as Design Compiler will synthesize your RTL coding according to the fanout requirements of your techonology file(you can refer to your techonology file). Often, for the accuracy and P&R, we can set a smaller fanout limit than that in the technology file so that you can obtain a faster circuit and less area and routing congestion( please note the cell-based P&R, if using a very large one instead of several smaller ones the routing is not so easy and good). Aditionally, you should set the output pins' fanout/capacitance value according to the context environment of your design which should be perceived of during the design division process. Finally, if considering the pads, then you should ask some infomration from your system designer who will give some requirements about the pads such as the input delay/capacitance on the pads and output delay/capacitance on the output pads and so on.

you can set a arbitary value and perform a pre-synthesis.

then look for actual fanout value from generate netlist,

then set actual fanout value and re-synthesis.

mic_huhu said:
Hi,everybody,

I don't know how to add fanout number in the DC constraints file.
who can help me?

Thanks

JOhnny

Actually, the default number in Standard Cell Library is sufficient unless you have your specific reason to override this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back