Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the best layout editor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
lhenfalculan said:
I am using Silvaco Expert as my layout editor. Anybody who are using this tool? Is it same with virtuoso?

I think the best one is virtuoso.

It depends on everyone's particular possibilities...:

COMMERCIAL: Virtuoso, with XL is greate, but without it is also a powerfull tool.

OPEN/FREE: LASI. I used it almost 10 years ago (I'm sure now it should be totally different and better) and I remember it as something owesome to be FREE!!!!

I used SX9000 and AlphaSX by Seiko Instrument before but now Virtuoso by Cadence. I'd say they are both good with one having some advantage over the other...

anybody using tools from other makers such as Sagantec or Magma?

this is good tool for drawing layout . there are also alot of example

Virtuoso layout editor is my favorite tool,it is powerful and easy to learn.

I've used:

Alliance's Cougar
Lasi 7
Synopsys' CosmosLE
Candence's Virtuoso

And virtuoso is definitively the best.

The good thing about Cougar is that is free, but then I heard that magic is much better.

CosmosLE is not that bad, the problem is that is very difficult to find libraries, PDKs, LVS and DRC files for Synopsys.

I never got to like Lasi...

diemilio

virtuoso is better than the others

I have experience with both Cadence & Mentor and I can say that ICStation from Mentor is the best layout editor ever
best regards,
Rania

u can use orcad it is best layout desingner

i have used L-edit and virtuoso among them virtuoso is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back