Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the best layout editor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Virtuoso is my choice.

Protool ... Orcad not bad .... Pads also good....

virtuoso and L-edit

Added after 3 minutes:

virtuoso and L-edit

Virtuoso and L-edit are the best.

For gabi71ro: did you have all blocks in Virtuoso with the same (0,0) origin?

Laker,it's the best one

I think Laker is better than virtuoso . when layout standcell , Laker is easy to deal whith .

i use virtuoso
any body use mentor's layout tools?

I used it. It's a good tool but maybe because I used mostly Virtuoso and L-edit..I vote for those 2

I think the virtuoso is better!

I use both Virtuoso & laker
i think laker is better~~~!!
because using laker layout is quick

Virtuoso is far better..with stabillity and gud no of options and skill interface..

I've heard there are open source layout editors downloadable for free. Are they any good? Can someone share their experiences on this?

locos said:
I've heard there are open source layout editors downloadable for free. Are they any good? Can someone share their experiences on this?

There are several out there., a couple on sourceforge. http://layout.sourceforge.net/links/index.html lists most of them. LayoutEditor has nice features and good for MEMS work but can't cope with large designs. Toped has limited functionality. Glade is good (listed as a broken link but isn't) and runs on windows, linux and solaris. Electric is showing its age.

well as i see Editors can be any.. its the LVS etc. part(later stage) which is important....and cedense is gud in that..
but if u have worked on magic, default visuals of cadences will look v.bad.... :p

if you see from the price, I think it is virtuoso.

does anyone know hom much the latest version of virtuoso is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back