Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Voltage Buffer/ Follower without opamp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibnul7

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey guys, I was just wondering how i would make a voltage buffer/follower without using an opamp. I have used some class A (emitter follower) and AB amplifiers, but when my output is very low impedance, my output starts to saturate with an offset. I was wondering if you guys had any designs in mind with very high output impedance.

Why would you want a high output impedance? What is your load? Can you give us more specifics about your requirements?

Hey guys, I was just wondering how i would make a voltage buffer/follower without using an opamp. I have used some class A (emitter follower) and AB amplifiers, but when my output is very low impedance, my output starts to saturate with an offset. I was wondering if you guys had any designs in mind with very high output impedance.

A voltage buffer has the task to provide a voltage with low output resistor and without gain, that means: Av=1.
Thus, it is surprising that you ask for a high output resistance.

A follower(or a buffer) by definition has to have very low output impedance, as it has to drive any load.
If for any reason you need to increase the output impedance, just add a resistor of a desired value, but I’m afraid it will be the end of calling this thing a follower ..
:wink:
IanP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back