Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

filter in secondary of current sense transformer in Half Bridge SMPS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

treez

Hello,
In the below .pdf Half Bridge schematic, R15 & C3 form a filter to filter out the ringing created by the leakage inductance of the Half Bridge transformer.
Is this the right way to filter out this ringing?

Here is the V(SENSE) waveform, and the primary current of the Half Bridge shown together.
https://i44.tinypic.com/bgz2tc.jpg
..these two waveforms have slightly different slopes, but should have the same slope, -the difference is presumably due to the slightly varying forward voltage of the rectifier diodes in the sense transformer's secondary, as the current rises during the switching period.

The LTspice sim of the circuit is also attached.

Attachments

• Half Bridge.pdf
    17.8 KB · Views: 97
  • Half Bridge.txt
    7.8 KB · Views: 73

Any filtering that preserves the intended operation of the current measurement will be appropriate,

I guess, the ultimate reason for getting excessive ringing is the usage of large area 1N5819 instead of suitable signal schottky diodes.

Reactions: treez

T

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
I did use 1n5819 in a previous version of this and I am impressed you have remembered this...though this version, is now using 1N4148's

Right, my fault. In fact the ringing is exclusively generated in the power circuit, not the current tranformer.

Reactions: treez

T

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back