Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] [Synthesis/ DC] Annotated capacitance question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solace

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello!
I have an unusual task: i need to synthesis scheme with extended capacitance on wires. In other words, i need to compile design with annotated capacitance to all wires in design. Like, as i using maxed area wireload model instead of actual wldm. The problem is: my library doesn't support wldm at all. It can only be used in -topology mode of DC, or with zero-delay wldm in normal mode.

So, what we have.
1. set_load - works on ports and wires. The problem is - this command works only on fixed (irremovable) nets and ports. After the compilation any internal nets with annotated delay through set_load are gone. So, this command works only on inputs, outputs and set_dont_touch nets. I cant use set_dont_touch bcs i need to compile project with all set of options including optimization. I cant even use compile_ultra with -incremental key, bcs i really need a full compilation.
2. what else? I don't know

So, the question is:
What can i do, to annotate capacitance, that doesn't really exist, and make a full compilation? All new wires must have this annotation, so DC cannot just replace annotated wire with not annotated to achieve a better performance.

Another idea is - to increase all target library cells output pin capacity. Manually, by editing .lib file. Bcs i don't know how to do it with DC commands. After the compilation i can simply change target library back. I don't like this method. Any other ideas?

Thanx!

why not increasing the frequency target?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back