Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to calculate tuning range for vco

Status
Not open for further replies.

venkateshjuturu

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hai
may i know how to find tuning range for LCvco and center frequency is 1/(2*pi*(LC)^(1/2))
thanks in advance

A LC circuit consists of the inductor L and capacitor C. A part of the capacitor is the varicap diode having a specified range of capacitance controlled by the tuning voltage.
From the above you can calculate the tuning range.

A LC circuit consists of the inductor L and capacitor C. A part of the capacitor is the varicap diode having a specified range of capacitance controlled by the tuning voltage.
From the above you can calculate the tuning range.

can you elaborate how to calculate varicap diode cap and you mentioned from the above make it little bit clear

thanks

can you elaborate how to calculate varicap diode cap and you mentioned from the above make it little bit clear

thanks

I can elaborate but you did not indicate any real values. It seems to me it is time for you to read some basics on VCOs and LC circuits. Try ARRL Radio Amateurs' Handbook to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back