Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Battery Replacement for small project

Status
Not open for further replies.

pblanos

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi I have connected a https://www.sparkfun.com/products/10999 with a **broken link removed** for a small project

The circuit that has been created is shown in the following link:

**broken link removed**

My question is that I would like to replace the 9V battery with the following 3.7 V rechargeable LiPo one and I don’t know how. Are the characteristics of this battery suitable for my project? The reason I am changing the battery is to minimize the circuit to a portable device.

https://www.farnell.com/datasheets/1666646.pdf

Can you help me please? Thank you in advance

It is actually working perfectly the way it is connected now, I just want to replace the 9V battery with a 3.7 rechargeable LiPo one.

The Pro Micro and Bluetooth Shield are both designed for 3.3V and won't be happy connected directly to a 9V battery. Is there some other circuitry involved - perhaps a voltage regulator to drop the 9V down to 3.3V?

The circuit that has been created is shown in the following link:

**broken link removed**

All I see there is a couple of photos of the Pro Micro and Bluetooth Shield. Maybe that's the wrong link?

It has a diode feeding a 3.3V regulator. I did not look up the dropout voltage of the regulator and I did not lookup if the processor works from a 3.2V to 4.2V Li-Po battery voltage.

If possible use Super capacitor reduce size & but increase cost
No. A capacitor is not a battery.
A battery voltage stays close to a high voltage for most of the time of a discharge. Then when it is almost dead its voltage drops quickly.
A capacitor voltage IMMEDIATELY begins to drop quickly.
The graph is in Google Images.

I suggest not regular Capacitor. Search on google for Super Capacitor of Panasonic which can be use as Battery

It doesn't matter. Supercapacitors store less energy than LiPo batteries, for the same weight or size. They can deliver greater power than batteries of the same size or weight, but that's not what's needed here.

Golden Electronics,
I guess you did not look at the graphs in Google. Here is one of them:

Attachments

• ultracap vs battery discharge voltages.png
    ultracap vs battery discharge voltages.png
    63 KB · Views: 100

How can I measure the Vin (min) that my circuit requires in order to see if 3.7V source is capable of supplying sufficient voltage amount?

How can I measure the Vin (min) that my circuit requires in order to see if 3.7V source is capable of supplying sufficient voltage amount?
1) Lookup the maximum dropout voltage of the 3.3V regulator.
2) Lookup the minimum supply voltage for the processor.
3) Lookup the minimum allowed voltage of the battery or its low voltage cutoff from its protection circuit (if it has one).
4) Add the maximum forward voltage drop of the diode.
Note that if you allow a Li-Po battery cell to discharge to less than about 3.2V then it will be damaged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back