Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I cannot access this site anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

AudiopersonEmily

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Yesterday suddenly I could not view or add to threads here on my computer (this is my wife’s computer). Later it was suddenly fixed.
Now today I have the same problem on my computer. Today my computer gets an error when I try to make this e-mail. Today I can reply only to threads that are notified to me by e-mail (maybe the same yesterday but I didn’t receive email notifications yesterday). My computer works fine today on other sites.

A similar problem occurred at www.electro-tech-online.com the day after Microsoft updated my Internet Explorer 10 to 11 a few days ago. The electro-tech site worked fine when I restored my computer’s settings to an earlier date and Internet Explorer 10. Electro-tech fixed their compatibility problem and it works fine now with Internet Explorer 11.

I get this error here yesterday and today about my profile and clicking on the error shows that my profile is empty. I enter all the information and the same error comes back. If I go directly from your home page to my profile then it has the same complete information it has had for years.

The false error about my profile cannot be attached.
Audioguru

We all got that profile message :)twisted:) but it disappeared as soon as we filled the info, this happened because the new admins changed a setting or something.

Your profile info is currently empty , you will not be able to enter until you fill it

Snap1.jpg

this happened because the new admins changed a setting or something
Or unilaterally change the terms of trade...
I really hope that we don't have to face more of this kind of arbitrary and unanounced decisons.

I entered my profile over and over but kept getting errors about my Job Description "Retired" but it doesn't know about retirement.
It also did not like other things I entered. I got an e-mail from somebody else with the same problem and a suggestion. So I FIXED IT!

HEY! A few days ago I fixed the tails on my small letter "gggg" but today the tails are gone again.
The tails are gone only when I type them here. They show up when the thread is viewed.

It would be interested to create a poll ,

"how did you feel when you got the dialog that forced you to fill your profile info"
  • Didn't care
  • That should have been done a long time ago
  • Pissed me off
  • Here we go...
  • One more like that and I'm leaving the forum
  • Left the forum (well practically these members can not vote)

Alex

I too got a message saying I needed to fill in several entries in my profile. Then it did not want to accept what I typed in.

I decided to wait for the problem to be resolved, while I did some chores in the past few days.

WTWH media will kill this forum if they do not take account of the feelings of the users who help to make it useful by their technical advice. Registered users have enjoyed a spam free, advertisement free forum (unregistered users which make up the vast majority of people viewing the forum see advertisements). I don't think the top contributors will tolerate being messed about like this for long - they are doing this voluntarily. To lock out all users (including moderators) with no warning due to profile content filled in ages ago seems crazy.

Keith

The point is that I registered at edaboard seven years ago based on that time's forum policy. Getting a message now that I have to complete registration is literally inapplicable. So I wondered at the first moment if it's sloppy phrasing or a software bug. Or even a hacker attack.

I suggest confidence-building action at least towards edaboard members who didn't yet "finish" the re-registration:
- apologize for overhasty and confusing action
- immediately grant access to the board
- explain the motivation or possibly legal requirement of the change in registration conditions (if any and still considered necessary)
- give appropriate time period to supplement new registration information

At risk of having to give myself a warning for crossposting, I have added the suggested poll here ...

[edit] it appears standard members cannot create polls or vote on them due to the forum settings. As the forum is no controlled btw WTWH Media I guess that is not likely to change for the purposes of this poll![end edit]

A simple vote may express our feelings better than a long drawn out thread.

Keith

The point is that I registered at edaboard seven years ago based on that time's forum policy.
Have you looked at the privacy policy posted here lately?

We share personal information with third-party vendors...
In addition, information about our users, including personally identifiable information, may be disclosed as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing or sale of company assets...
Some information is automatically collected, such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, operating system and browser type and the time and date of your visit.

So it seems your IP address as well as your name, company, job description etc are shared with third-party vendors and may be sold as "company assets".

Now a question for any lawyers out there:
Apparently they do share personal information with third-party vendors, however they will not distribute your personal information to third parties without your permission.

What are we to make of that?
Is there a subtle distinction between sharing and distributing? Or have I somehow implicitly given my permission?

godfreyl - you took some of the privacy policy out of context - we acquired edaboard from the Polish company that gulson worked for and in doing so WTWH acquired the site & data. Now that we have an all new - and expensive- I will add, hosting system setup in the US, WTWH privacy policy applies.

From the policy - "We also disclose personal information when we believe it is appropriate to comply with the law (e.g., a lawful subpoena, warrant or court order);

but we would never just share info randomly without cause. By third parties, this is reference to Google since we use their analytics / code & our ad server (another 3rd party - anonymous cookie only) and IF we are doing lead generation - e.g.: you give information to receive something. Good example is we work with Traceparts on another site for 3D CAD models and THEY require registration to download a final configured model - so in that case we do share reg info with other 3rd parties.

Thanks for your concern and feel free to message me direct.

Marshall

Of course - what we enter into our profile does not have to be the exact truth.

Shall we all be Brain Surgeons in our profile? :)

I glitched. My fault. I added a plugin which would let users set the time format on their account and didn't realize that it was set by default to 'required' 'Yes Always' thus causing the problems everyone here faced.

I am retired so I ignore the time of somebody's post. Frequently it is more important to know THEIR time, not my time.
I do whatever I want, whenever I want.

EDIT: Hey, my time on here is correct. I peeked.

I don't know about the time but the date always seems to be 'American format' no matter what you set it to.

Keith

Any chance you are going to fix the date format problem? While you have make it correct for you, it is incorrect for the rest of the world! A useful addition would be tho allow selection of YY-MM-DD format as well as DD-MM-YY. The forum software only used to allow USA/European format but only the USA use MM-DD-YY - the rest of the work use the other two formats but now only the USA format works.

Keith

I'll see if making the rest of the world format the default format fixes. Will roll out in an hour or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.